Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
2017 CSTEP/LSAMP Summer Program (.pdf)
CSTEP is a comprehensive support program 2017 CSTEP LSAMP SUMMER PROGRAM dedicated to increasing the number of college graduates from both ethnic groups that are traditionally underrepresented in technical-related fields and individuals from economically disadvantaged families who are interested in pursuing careers in science, technology, math, engineering and other licensed professions. CSTEP is sponsored by the New York State Education Department's Bureau of Professional Career Opportunity Programs.
Program services include academic support, personal counseling, career awareness, advocacy, transfer assistance, and access to community contacts as resources and research opportunities. Each CSTEP participant agrees to engage in some form of internship, field work, or research prior to graduation. In addition, those who transfer to four-year colleges or universities serve as alumni mentors for new Onondaga CSTEP students. Special services may include an annual etiquette luncheon, career panel discussions, and guided visits with transfer institutions. CSTEP students may benefit from formal agreements with colleges such as SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry, LeMoyne College, Clarkson University, Binghamton University, and SUNY Upstate Medical University.
CSTEP applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a New York state resident (of at least 12 months)
- Be historically underrepresented - African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American
- OR be economically disadvantaged by New York State standards (see the first page of the application for details)
- Intend to pursue a major/career in science, technology, engineering or science fields and/or a licensed profession (nursing, criminal justice, human services, etc.)
- Be a full-time student (12 or more credit hours)
- Have earned an overall high school average of 78 or above, as verified by a high school transcript
- OR possess a college grade-point average of 2.3 or above
For more information, or application for CSTEP, call our CSTEP Office at 315-498-2352 or email us at email@example.com.