SUNY Potsdam Dual Admission
This dual admission agreement provides a seamless transfer opportunity that all allows students to transfer with an associate degree will enter parallel academic programs at SUNY Potsdam as juniors and, assuming normal academic progress, have the opportunity to complete the B.A. or B.S. degree in two additional years of full-time enrollment.
To participate in the Dual Admission program, simply follow the steps below.
If you need more information, contact the Office of Transfer Admission at SUNY Potsdam.
- Apply for
admission to Onondaga Community College.
- Before you begin your studies at OCC, meet with an advisor to plan degree
requirements and discuss degree interest at SUNY Potsdam. Choose your courses according
to OCC degree requirements and the OCC to Potsdam Advising Guide.pdf.
- Complete this
Interest Form.pdf and send it to SUNY Potsdam before or during your first semester at OCC.
- Keep in contact with both your OCC advisor and transfer admissions at SUNY Potsdam. Continue to make sure your courses follow OCC degree requirements
and Potsdam's transfer guides.
- As long as you meet the requirements specified in the agreement, you will be
given junior standing and full consideration for financial aid.
Course to Course Equivalencies are currently under review and expected to be updated by Fall 2017. If you have concerns about specific courses for specific programs please contact SUNY Potsdam.
Program to programs covered by this agreement include the following:
- Business Administration AS to Business Administration BS
- Business Administration AS to Business Economics BA
- Business Administration AS to Economics BA
- Computer Science AS to Computer Science BA or BS
- Criminal Justice AS to Criminal Justice BA
- Human Services AS to Community Health BA
- Human Services AS to Psychology BA
- Human Services AS to Sociology BA
- Humanities & Social Sciences AA to variety of BA & BS programs (see guide for details)
- Math & Science AS to variety of BS programs (see guide of details)
Last updated June 2017.