Students, Faculty, Administrators and Staff all receive a SMART CARD, the official ID card of Onondaga Community College. The card features a convenient, pre-paid debit account option for making purchases all across campus.
Using Your SMART CARD Off Campus
You can now use your SMART CARD for purchases off campus at participating businesses.
FAQ’s for the SMART CARD
What is the SMART CARD?
The SMART CARD is the official identification card of Onondaga Community College as well as the only way to access the residence halls if you reside there. The Smart Card also features a convenient, pre-paid debit account option for making purchases on campus. You can also complete many transactions online using the NetCardManager portal. NetCardManager directions (.pdf)
Where is the SMART CARD issued?
SMART CARDS are issued at the SMART CARD office outside the box office in the SRC Arena.
What do I do if I lose my SMART CARD?
Please Note: You are responsible for reporting a lost card.
A lost card can be reported in one of 2 ways:
If you lose your SMART CARD call Campus Security at 498-2478, or if during hours of operation the Smart Card office at 498-2270 immediately. After the card is reported lost it will be deactivated.
You can report your card lost by logging into NetCardManager using your OCC e-mail address and OCC network password. Once you are logged into the system select Report a Lost Card from the left tool bar. You’ll be asked “Do you want to report your card as lost?” Select Yes.
The only way to protect your funds on the card and the access to your residence hall building is to report the card lost as soon as possible. To obtain a new card a $28 fee would need to be paid at the Bursars office and a receipt of this payment presented to the Card Office for reissuing. Your account will remain the same, and any existing funds that were on the card when it was inactivated will remain.
Where can the debit function of the SMART CARD be used?
You can utilize the debit function of the SMART CARD at the following locations around campus:
- Dining hall, Mawhinney dining location, and coffee bar areas
- Laundry facilities in the residence halls
- Vending machines on campus
- Off Campus Advantage program participating location:
- Broadway Valley Café, 210 West Seneca Turnpike
- Burger King Onondaga, 4734 Onondaga Rd
- Byrne Dairy, 4815 West Seneca Turnpike
- Cheeburger Cheeburger, 5362 W. Genesee Street
- CVS, 700 South Crouse Ave
- Denny's, 1440 W Genesee St
- Denny's, 5300 W Genesee St
- Domino’s Pizza, 3548 W Genesee Street, Suite 2
- Express Mart, 6896 East Genesee St
- Express Mart, 224 West Genesee St
- Franco's Cases n Kegs, 2008 South Ave
- Froggers on the Hill, 4543 West Seneca Turnpike
- Hill Top Market, 4915 Grolier Rd
- Limp Lizard Bar n Grill, 4628 Onondaga Blvd
- Murphys Convenience Shoppe, 5084 Velasko Rd
- Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes, 7840 Oxbow Rd
- Pita Pita on the Hill, 4841 South Ave
- Pizza Hut OCC, 4738 Onondaga Blvd
- Pizza Hut S Salina, 6313 S Salina St
- Pizza Hut W Genesee, 3709 W Genesee St
- Ponchitos Taqueria, 410 W Seneca Tpke
- Ponchitos Taqueria, 3800 New Court Ave
- Sardos Pizza n Fish Fry, 4879 South Ave
- The Art Store, 935 Erie Blvd East
- Velasko Pizzeria n Deli, 4800 McDonald Rd
- Wings Over Syracuse, 4421 South Salina St
Where can I apply funds to my SMART CARD?
Deposits can be made the following ways:
- You can apply funds to your SMART CARD at the Bursar’s office. There, you will be asked to complete a deposit form indicating the amount you would like to deposit, the method of payment and the plan where you would like to deposit funds. There are three options active at this time: The Dining Option, the Vending / Laundry/Off-Campus Option and the Student Print Quota Option. The Dining Option includes purchases made in the Dining Hall, Whitney Dunkin Donuts and C3 Convenience Store in Mawhinney Hall. Funds can be applied using cash, check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard®, Visa® or Discover®) in person or over the phone.
- You can also apply funds to your SMART CARD at the SRC Arena Box office. There, you will be asked to complete a deposit form indicating the amount you would like to deposit, the method of payment and the plan where you would like to deposit funds. There are three options active at this time: The Dining Option, the Vending/Laundry/Off-Campus Option and the Student Print Quota Option. The Dining Option includes purchases made in the Dining Hall, Whitney Dunkin Donuts, and C3 Convenience Store in Mawhinney Hall. Funds can be applied using Cash or Check at the Box Office in person. If you wish to use Credit Card, Money Orders or deposits over the phone you must go to or contact the Bursar’s Office.
- Deposits to your SMART CARD can also be made through NetCardManager. Simply log in and select DEPOSIT TO ACCOUNT from the tool bar. Determine an amount from the pull-down and select which SV&C plan you wish to deposit to and select "Submit." Follow the easy form and you’re done.
There is a $10 minimum deposit amount and all funds applied to the card are non-refundable and non-transferable. Funds are valid only for the current academic year. Funds expire at the end of the academic year and do not carry over into the next academic year. Funds deposited on the card can only be used in the above mentioned locations. No cash withdrawals can be made from your SMART CARD account.
Can I invite others to deposit into my account?
Yes you can. If you log into NetCardManager and select INVITE TO DEPOSIT from the toolbar, a link is produced for you to share or send with someone to make a secure deposit directly into your SMART CARD account using a credit card (MasterCard®, Visa® or Discover®).
What should I do if I experience a problem with my SMART CARD?
If there is a problem with your card contact the SMART CARD office. Please include the following information:
- Your full name
- Student ID#
- Location of where the problem occurred
- How often the problem has occurred
- The specific location of the problem and any other detailed information that will assist in researching the problem.
As a reminder, contact Campus Security at 498-2478 or the SMART CARD office at 498-2270 immediately if your card is lost or stolen.