Essential Skills and Dispositions
The following skills and standards, with or without reasonable accommodations, are expected of students enrolled in the Liberal Arts & Sciences: Adolescence Education A.A. program (EDA).
- Emotional stability and psychological health to work with adolescents, families, colleagues and college personnel.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish a professional relationship with individuals, adolescents and families from a variety of cultural, social, emotional, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking for assessment and decision making in the classroom.
- Character dispositions such as honesty, integrity, caring and empathy.