Essential Skills and Dispositions
The following skills and dispositions, with or without reasonable accommodations, are expected of all students enrolled in the Human Services A.S. program.
- Emotional stability and psychological health to work with children, families, individuals, colleagues and college personnel.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish a professional relationship with individuals, families, and clients from a variety of cultural, social, emotional, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking for assessment and decision-making in field placements.
- Ability to comprehend and implement duties and responsibilities in Human Services fieldwork.
- Emotional and behavioral self-regulation sufficient to carry out the duties and responsibilities in Human Services fieldwork placements.
- Character dispositions such as honesty, integrity, caring and empathy.