Available to Incoming Freshmen
The Music Department at Onondaga Community College has multiple music scholarships that are available to incoming as well as current music students. All of these are administered by the Onondaga Community College Foundation and can be based on audition as well as financial need.
- The Frederick Marvin Scholarship is designed to provide full assistance to a number of deserving piano majors. Frederick Marvin is the Artist in Residence Emeritus at Syracuse University and has generously provided this scholarship for incoming piano majors at OCC. Available to Piano Majors.
- The Kevin and Selma Moore Music Scholarship will be available to incoming wind players. Available to flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe or bassoon majors.
- The Donald and Mary Miller Guitar Scholarship. This scholarship is available to matriculated, full or part-time guitar majors who demonstrate talent on the guitar. Available to Classical Guitar majors.
Available to Current Music Majors
- Current piano majors may audition annually for the Barbara Micale Piano Scholarship
- The OCC Music Department’s Performance Honors Awards are decided by competitive audition during every spring semester. The students must be recommended by their private lesson instructor in order to be eligible to participate. The winners of those competitive auditions received scholarship assistance towards their OCC expenses as well as performances on the annual Performance Honors Awards. The top award winner also performs for the annual college-wide Honors Convocation.
Information about these scholarships is available from the Music Department and should be a part of every music student’s application process.