Who is eligible
We're proud to partner with the following school districts to offer high school freshmen the chance to earn a full-tuition scholarship to OCC:
- Big Picture School (LaFayette School District)
- East Syracuse Minoa
- Jordan-Elbridge Central
- LaFayette Junior/Senior High School
- Onondaga Central
- Solvay Union Free School District
How to earn a scholarship through the OCC Advantage program:
In High School
- Sign up for OCC Advantage as a high school freshman through your school's guidance counselor.
- Stay in school and maintain required average and attendance minimums.
- Complete the required community service.
- Complete all required college readiness programming.
- Complete the FAFSA, apply for TAP, and apply to OCC by March 1 of your senior year.
Once You're at OCC
- Participate in the Welcome Onondaga orientation program.
- Stay in school! Complete 15 credits every semester for two years.
- Maintain a GPA over 2.2 throughout the duration of your time at OCC
- Complete the FAFSA every year by March 1.
- Participate in at least one service-learning course or college service activity.
Since OCC Advantage awards scholarships, not loans, students do not need to pay back any portion of the money they earned through the program. If you're a high school freshman at one of our OCC Advantage schools, consider enrolling in the program and earning FREE college tuition!