Make a difference. Save a life.
OCC’s Fire Protection Technology degree is the only program in New York State to offer national firefighter certification, meaning graduates are eligible for firefighting careers throughout the country.
What You'll Learn
Learn about fire fighting tactics and strategies, including hazardous materials and their control, fire hydraulics, and safety management. You’ll also learn about all areas of fire prevention and develop the critical skills necessary to handle the challenges and demands of fire protection. Coursework in science, math, and English round out your degree.
Where You'll Go
A combination of this A.A.S. degree in Fire Protection Technology, along with national certification, makes you an excellent candidate for careers in municipal services, EMS, fire prevention and operation, industrial fire safety, or code enforcement.
5 years after graduating
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
|Fire Inspector and Investigator||11%||Above Average|
Real Data from Central New York
- Local growth projections unavailable. Projection from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.