Fall semester is here Lazers and we're here to support you! Here's how all the support services are operating both virtually and in-person.
Services Provided: General Inquiries, Immunization Records, Financial Assistance, Billing, Records
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am until 4:30pm
Options for Remote Service: Call 315-498-2000
Options for In-Person Service: All stations at the counter are distanced 6 ft apart as well as having a plexiglass window separating the enrollment associates and the student. Stickers clearly mark 6 ft distancing on the floor as students line up and wait for service at the Student Central service counter.
Services Provided: Tech Support (Reset Password & Other Tech Support)
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. , Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Options for Remote Service: Call 315-498-2999 or email [email protected]
Options for In-Person Service: Coulter Hall C214 (social distancing measures applied)
Hours: Monday thru Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Sunday: 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Options for Virtual Service:
The Learning Center uses WCOnline and Microsoft Teams to hold virtual tutoring appointments. All current students have accounts in both platforms. There are two types of remote appointments:
- eTutoring - Electronic paper drop-off
- Online Tutoring - A virtual appointment with a live tutor (Real-Time Remote). Some tutors will also communicate with you by phone if you do not have video and audio capability.
All appointments are made in the WCOnline system. Step-by-step instructions are available to download at the top of the WCOnline login page. If you have any trouble making an appointment, or need assistance, please call or stop by the Learning Center, 315-498-2103, G202.
Options for In-Person Service:
- Tutoring: The Learning Center is an academic support service on campus that provides FREE tutoring to students enrolled in OCC courses. We provide face-to-face and remote options allowing students to receive tutoring services both on and off campus. We also host numerous study groups, labs, and workshops throughout the semester.
- Workspace: The Learning Center offers space for students to work on assignments independently. Students do not need an appointment, just stop by the front desk to check-in and out. We will assign you a space to work (one person to a table this semester). Seating is limited due to the need for social distancing.
- Computer Use: Students can borrow a laptop with their OCC LazerCard. Our laptops have video and audio capability and can be used for working on your assignments or to meet with your tutor remotely. The laptops are provided on a first come/first serve basis. If you are borrowing a laptop and need to use the speakers and a microphone, it is a good idea to bring your own headset (with mic). This is not only for sanitary reasons, but also to help you, the tutor, and others around you to have a more pleasant auditory experience. Laptops may not leave the Learning Center at any time.
Everyone who enters and exits the Learning Center must sign-in AND out at the front desk. The stairways in the Learning Center will be one way. One staircase is for going up, the other for coming down.
Financial Aid Service Center
Services Provided: All financial aid questions and help completing FAFSA, TAP and Verification requirements.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Options for Virtual Service: Virtual appointments can be booked by contacting [email protected]. Microsoft Bookings will begin on September 7th so students can book appointments based on their schedule and desired service.
Options for In-Person Service: In-person service is available by using appropriate distancing measures, plexiglass and computer stations with mirrored monitors.
Services Provided: Reference and research assistance, Access to computers, study rooms, course reserves and media, Quiet seating, Circulation of library books
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday: Closed, Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Options for In-Person Service: The Library is open for use during business hours with the appropriate social distancing measures applied.
Accessibility Resources & Testing Services
Services Provided: Special accommodations for student disabilities, accomodative testing, existing medical conditions, and students with that are pregnant.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Options for Remote Service: Call 315-498-2245 or email [email protected]
Options for In-Person Service: Walk-ins available during business hours with appropriate social distancing applied.
Advising & Success Coaching
Services Provided: Registering for Classes, Academic Advising and Planning, Success Coaching for Greater Success
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Options for Virtual Service: Zoom, Microsoft Teams and phone calls
Options for In-Person Service: For in-person service, appointments must be made to accommodate social distancing requirements.
Services Provided: One-on-one counseling (may be limited to 6 sessions per semester), TelePsychiatry, Support and Wellness Groups
Hours: 24/7 Support Available by phone (315) 498-2675, Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. (last scheduled appointment at 4:30 p.m.)
Options for Virtual Service: TelePsychiatry, Zoom Support and Wellness Groups.
Options for In-Person Service: Walk-ins welcome to schedule appointments or for assistance.
Community Care Hub
Services Provided: Food Pantry, Supportive Case Management, School Supplies, Housing Assessment and Referral, Connection to Community Resources
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Options for Virtual Service: None at this time
Options for In-Person Service: Walk-ins welcome with appropriate social distancing
Services Provided: Job search, resume & cover letter writing, career & major exploration, and general assistance preparing for a future career
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Options for Virtual Service: All services available virtually. Call 315-498-2585 or email [email protected] to schedule an appointment. Appointments available via phone, Zoom & Microsoft Teams.
Options for In-Person Service: Ask a quick question, schedule an appointment, or limited use of laptop for job search.
Services Provided: VA Benefit Certification & Help through the Process
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30-4:30 or by appointment
Options for Virtual Service: Zoom meetings available
Options for In-Person Service: Walk-ins welcome during business hours