The Board has approved a telecommuting policy for OCC employees. Please read through the complete policy.
Important highlights of this policy include:
- Not all positions are able to be performed remotely. Approval for remote work is done on a case-by-case basis.
- Taken into account will be the impact on service quality, need for accessing resources that only exist on campus, need of the college, and more elaborated on in the policy.
- If you request to telecommute, you must first ask your supervisor who will then discuss it with the Vice President. They will make the determination if you are eligible to work from home for the requested time.
- Important expectations include still performing all of your job functions, attending all department and committee meetings via online conferencing, not using this policy in place of paid leave, and more elaborated on in the policy.
Coming to Campus
Now when anyone enters campus or OCC buildings, we will all have to follow new procedures as well as continuing to practice social distancing.
- There is one open entrance to the college (W. Seneca Turnpike) and a separate exit. When you enter, campus safety will be conducting health screenings evaluating 3 key criteria.
- Symptoms - have you had a fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, muscle pain, headache or sore throat?
- Exposure - have you been exposed to anyone with the virus within the past 14 days? If so, you will be asked to leave.
- Testing Positive for COVID-19 - if you have tested positive for the disease within the past 14 days, you will be asked to leave.
- If you pass, you will be given a wristband that is specifically color-coded for that day.
- Supervisors will need to make note of their employees and their wristbands.
- You may proceed with your business, as long as you continue to practice 6 ft. social distancing measures and wear a mask when in public areas. Please note that there may be staggered schedules or other measures in place decided by the department and college.
We will be performing increased cleaning and sanitation measures during this time. Please review the page 'Visiting Campus' prior to returning to campus as it includes more guidance from the campus & state on operational procedure. Employees are also required to complete training.
Signage to look out for
Here are additional tools for you to use for remote work:
- Zoom Technical Support & Safety Guidelines
- Spruce up your Zoom & Teams backgrounds
- Blackboard guides
If you have any students who are struggling right now, please refer them to the appropriate service. For financial, personal, or technical needs, recommend the Lazer Response Fund or the Community Care Hub. If they are ill or have accessibility concerns, please utilize the Office of Accessibility Resources.
Fixing Your Voicemail
To record a new voicemail:
- Enter your extension followed by the pound sign.
- Hit the button for "User Preferences"
- Follow the recording from there, listen for the key phrase "Personal Greeting."
To cancel call forwarding:
- To Cancel from Analog Phone dial: #222
- If there isn’t a Call Forward button, dial: *222 then 9 and the 10-digit number.
- To cancel from Digital or VOIP phone: Hit the Call Forward button
- If there isn’t a Call Forward button, dial: #222
If you have problems with any of these instructions, please call Mary Jones at 315-498-2371.
Around the Workplace
Along with the new entrance and exit procedures, there are additional measures that will be taken as well as measures that we ask you to follow.
- Employees will receive 2 OCC masks for your use. You are required to have a mask with you on campus at all times. Please care for them by following proper cleaning and storage directions.
- Workspaces (including desks, etc.) may be rearranged to follow 6 ft. apart guidance. At Student Central, every other workspace will be blocked off to help maintain social distancing measures. Supervisors will be in charge of making these evaluations and changes.
- Tightly confined spaces like elevators will be limited to not exceed 50% capacity. There will be signs near the elevator noting capacity.
- Signage will be posted around the workplace about proper sanitation and personal hygiene techniques. Soap, hand sanitizer and other products will be readily available. If you cannot find them, please ask your supervisor or the custodial staff.
If you've got questions, please email us at [email protected]