36 Weeks | Monday - Friday 9 am - 3 pm | Median Salary: $33,500*
Next Program Start Date: TBD
Medical Assistants play an essential role in medical offices assisting physicians and other health professionals with patient care and office management. They are the first person patients see when they walk in the door and responsible for creating a positive experience for patients.
The program includes:
- Office Skills (Updating medical records, filling out insurances forms, etc.)
- Medical terminology
- Specimen Collection
- Electrocardiogram Training
- CPR certification
- Laboratory Testing
Upon completion of program students will be eligible to sit for the National Health Career Association - Certified Clinical Medical Assistant National exam at OCC.
- Mandatory Info Session
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Medical Insurance
- Compliance with Immunization Requirements
- Completing Health Compliance Requirements
$6,585 with financial aid available for qualifying students
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
You can also take this program -
Where You'll Go
5 years after graduating
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
Real Data from Central New York
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from Burning Glass.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.