Turn your love of sports into a career
A perfect start for someone who is looking to turn their passion for sports, fitness, and wellness into a career. Graduates can continue their education in an area of their choosing.
What You'll Learn
The coursework will prepare you with the background knowledge and skills that are the foundation for a bachelors degree in a sports, fitness, or a wellness program. Courses include anatomy, physiology, exercise science, psychology, and liberal arts.
As a graduate you will be able to:
- Write and develop lesson plans
- Conduct fitness assessments
- Develop exercise programs
- Provide instruction of athletic skills
Where You'll Go
Graduates are ready to transfer into a bachelor’s degree program in physical education, exercise science, or other health-related fields.
5 years after graduating with a Bachelor's degree
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
|Postsecondary Recreation Teachers||24%||Average|
Real Data from Central New York
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.
Top Transfer Partners
- SUNY Cortland
- SUNY Brockport
- Syracuse University