Get started in the exciting field of surgical medicine
OCC’s Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, (CAAHEP) and teaches graduates how to collaborate with nurses and surgeons to provide high-quality care for surgical patients.
What You'll Learn
You'll learn how to scrub and assist during operating procedures, how to prepare, maintain, clean, and store instruments, and how to become a valuable component of a surgical team.
Where You'll Go
Graduates are prepared for a career as a surgical technologist in an operating room or surgeon's office. Many graduates have also gone on to further their education, and now hold positions as nurses, physician's assistants or surgeon's assistants. At the completion of the program, you will be eligible to sit for the National Certifying Exam administered by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Surgical Technology Pass rate – 100%
- Surgical Technology Job placement rate – 100%
5 years after graduating
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
Real Data from Central New York
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.