Communication is key
We'll be keeping you in the loop using:
- Email - please make sure you are checking this regularly for updates, town hall meeting invites, answers to your questions, and more. You should also make sure your contact info is up to date.
- Signage - our campus signs will be displaying brief updates as well as providing info on social distancing, masks, cleaning and hygiene techniques. Heavily trafficked spaces will have floor decals to help direct people.
- Web - check this page regularly for more updates, policy, and guidance.
- Social Media - we will be providing updates on our channels.
For opening procedures including available entrances, exits, and more, please see Visiting OCC. Be prepared for health screenings that will evaluate for the following and you must be wearing a mask:
- Do you have any COVID-19 related symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to someone who tested positive within the past 14 days?
- Have you tested positive to COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you recently traveled outside of New York State?
Please go to Visiting Campus for entry and exit procedures.
How are Classes Operating?
OCC is offering 4 different types of classes: In-Person, Real-Time Remote, Online Remote & Hyflex.
- In-Person: Course activity is organized around scheduled face-to-face class meetings. Social Distancing will be observed and classrooms will be de-densified.
- Real-time Remote: 100% of course activity is done online. However, this course uses Web-based conference technologies (ex. Microsoft Teams, Zoom) to extend classroom lectures and discussions to students for real-time remote learning. There are set times and days that students will be working and learning together with faculty in a video format.
- Online Remote Course: 100% of course activity is done online; there are no required face-to-face sessions within the course and no requirements for on-campus activity.
- Hyflex: These courses have an on-campus, face-to-face component. Students will attend class in person on a rotational basis on some days and participate remotely in class sessions on other days
To determine which day you'll be attending your Hyflex class, check out our step-by-step instruction guide.
For instructions on how to get into your Microsoft Teams class, check out this two-part via series:
Signage to look out for
If you've got questions, please email us at [email protected]