- As of April 11, 2023, the State University of New York (SUNY) announced that a COVID-19 vaccine will no longer be mandated for students to attend a SUNY institution, effective for summer courses.
- OCC, as part of the SUNY system, will also no longer be requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for attendance, or to live in our Residence Hall, but strongly encourage students stay up to date on all vaccinations.
- Student with clinical rotations, internships, or filed placements will be required to follow the vaccine requirements of the host site.
- COVID has not been eradicated and without a doubt many individuals on campus will feel more comfortable continuing to wear a mask. OCC will remain mask-friendly for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- We will continue to provide the process for students to submit their proof of vaccination, and we will continue to report the vaccine status of our students.
- Individuals should visit the CDC website for real time information on protocols and other updates.
At this time the NYS Department of Health states if you test positive for COVID, you must remain home for 5 days and mask for 5 days upon return to work/class.