How to Apply for Admission
Before you begin...
Applying is not necessary if you just want to take a class and not work towards a degree at OCC.
International Students requiring an F1 Visa must use the International Application.
If you were previously enrolled but have taken some time-off you should first visit the returning student page
Applying for Admission
Applying to OCC is fast, free and easy! You can even apply on your mobile device!
Head's up: You'll need to create a new account to apply, but this account will only be used for your application for admission. Once you're accepted, you will be given an official OCC Student account to use.
What happens next?
- You'll receive an Acceptance Packet in the mail that includes your UserID and initial password so you can log in and register for classes, as well as some other fun stuff.
- You'll be assigned a ONE Team contact who will help walk you through the rest of the process, gather necessary documents, and get you up and running. If you have any questions or need any help at this stage, your ONE Team Rep is the best person to reach out to. They're here for you!
- You'll be scheduled for New Student Orientation & Registration where you'll:
- meet your Academic Advisor (the person who will help you achieve your academic goals at OCC)
- learn about all the many student support services you can take advantage of (they're all free!)
- plan your schedule, and register for classes!
- And finally, you'll come to campus to get your Box of Books, enjoy the festivities, and start your semester!
For more information on your next steps after application visit our accepted student page
All students should Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid can be used to pay for your education. It's free to apply, and there's really no reason not to. You could save a lot of money!
Interested in living on campus?
Apply to live in one of our Residence Halls.
Get a head start and submit your transcripts
To speed your application along, you can send us your High School Transcript, or GED. For students who are homeschooled, please submit a Letter of Substantial Equivalency.
Mail them to:
Office of Admission
Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215-4585