Not sure who your onboarding contact is?
Email or Mail your Official High School Transcript
Have your high school send your most recent transcript at the time of application and a final official transcript upon graduation or an official GED/TASC certificate and score report (copies of GED/TASC are acceptable).
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Onondaga Community College
Attn: Office of Admission
4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
Have your official college transcripts mailed to us directly from the college, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Don’t forget to submit AP scores or official transcripts from any colleges you took courses with during high school.
Submit your Immunization Records
OCC requires all students to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), provide a completed meningococcal meningitis response form, and proof of the complete COVID vaccination series.
You can obtain this information from your doctor’s office, your high school, or utilize the Certificate of Immunization form as a guide to submitting the required records.
Every student gets an OCC email account 24-48 hours after submitting an application or registration for a class. Follow this Email Guide to find out your OCC username and student ID number for your first time logging in to your OCC email account through Office 365. This username and password will get you access to everything that requires a username and password.
MyOCC is your student portal. You'll use MyOCC throughout your time as a student to register, check your financial aid status, account balance, final grades, unofficial transcript, and more!
As a student at Onondaga Community College, you have the right to restrict who has access to your academic records. This includes your grades, courses, financial aid, billing and more. You also have the right to share any or all of your information with anyone you choose. You are able to grant this access in your student portal and can view step by step instructions on our Granting Access to Your Records site.
Applying for financial aid will help you understand your options for how you will pay for your courses and fees. Please follow these steps:
- Create a FAFSA ID
- Complete a FAFSA - OCC's FAFSA code is 002875
- Complete a TAP application - Add in the Tap Code: 2185
Complete Financial Aid Verification process (if applicable) - we'll contact your OCC email with further details on what FAFSA needs
OCC also offers substantial scholarship opportunities each year through the OCC Foundation. Don’t forget to apply for scholarships!
Register for classes
The 8 school of Onondaga serve as hubs for similar degree programs. Built into each school is a dedicated team of advisors, faculty, success coaches, and other support staff who are there to help you.
Your academic advisor’s contact information is located on your school’s page.
- Go to the 8 Schools of Onondaga page and find your school
Click on Schedule an appointment with an advisor
Book an appointment with your advisor or contact them by email or phone.
Registration opens each year in early April. Check the Academic Calendar for a full list of important dates.
Reserve your Box of Books
OCC and Barnes & Noble are helping reduce the costs of textbooks by nearly 50%! You are opted in to the Box of Books program when you register for classes.
- After you register for classes, reserve your Box of Books with the Bookstore online. You will receive an email to your OCC email address asking you to reserve your books. Make sure you take action when you receive this! You will also be notified by email when books are available to be picked up or shipped.
- Your Username is your OCC email address
- Your Password is your Student ID
- No payment will be necessary at the time of securing your box of books! The Box of Books fee will be added to your semester charges on your student account.
- Pick them up at OCC's bookstore before classes start (or have them shipped to you for free).
Questions? Call (315) 498-2263 or email@example.com
Paying for College
Visit our Tuition and Fees page to review the costs of attending.
Be sure to check out our Tuition Payments page. We offer many ways to pay your semester charges - from online, mail, to in-person. Learn more and determine which option is best for you.
Once you're registered for your classes, review your student account information (charges, financial aid awards, etc.) on MyOCC.
The College issues financial aid and student account/tuition refunds by Direct Deposit. Enrolling in Direct Deposit is quick and easy and there is no fee to enroll! Your refund will be electronically transferred into the bank account of your choice and you will have access to your funds sooner.
Did you know, if you live in NYS in a county other than Onondaga County, you can reduce your tuition price in half by submitting a certificate of residence?
You can reduce your tuition if you have lived in New York State, but outside of Onondaga County in the past year. Don't pay more than you have to! Simply complete a Certificate of Residence.
Now that you're registered...
Interested in living on campus?
- Complete the housing application at the housing portal.
- Submit all required materials online using your application dashboard that will be available after you submit your online application. This includes health insurance information, immunizations (including COVID vaccinations), and pay the $200 non-refundable application fee.
Learn more about our Residence Halls and Living on campus on our Residence Life website!
Need special accommodations?
The Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR) works to ensure that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity in all aspects of the educational environment.
OAR serves students with a wide range of disabilities, including by not limited to vision or hearing impairment, acquired brain injuries (ABI), and autism. Students who had a documented disability in high school should submit their 504 plan, IEP, and a copy of psychological testing to OAR upon admission to OCC.
Students are encouraged to fill out this intake form prior to the start of their term, and bring it to the office C104 in Coulter Library once they’re ready to start using OAR’s services.
Attend New Student Orientation.
Orientation is the key to a successful start in college. OCC offers an in-person orientation prior to the start of each semester. An online orientation is available if you are unable to attend in person.
The orientation schedule will be updated prior to the start of the semester on our New Student Orientation site.
Start your college journey strong!
- Check your OCC email daily leading up to and during the semester.
- Visit the Financial Aid Service Center (FASC) to get one-on-one assistance navigating the financial aid process. The FASC helps students complete FAFSA and TAP application, financial aid verification, federal and state eligibility, and navigate special circumstances.
- Connect with your Success Coach! A Success Coach will work with you one-on-one to provide helpful tools to assist you in balancing your academic and personal life. Make that connection early and often! You can find your Success Coach on the 8 Schools of Onondaga site and clicking on your School.
- Get acquainted with the campus by taking a campus tour, attending open house, finding your school, and locating your classes once you’re registered.
- Have a transportation plan! Make sure you know how you’re getting to campus. This includes bus schedules, parking passes, and student parking lots.
- Familiarize yourself with the Current Students webpage and make sure you can log in to Office365, Blackboard, and Lazer Success.
- OCC’s Academic Calendar provides you with access to all of the important dates that happen throughout the semester including the last day to add and drop classes, semester start and end dates, final exam week, and holidays when there are no classes.
- Are you a Veteran or have a family member who is a Veteran? The Office of Veterans and Military Services supports military services members, veterans, and dependents, while guiding them toward their educational goals.