Who we are
Onondaga Community College is a two-year college, originally founded in 1961, with two locations: a 280-acre main campus in Syracuse, New York, and a nearby satellite location in Liverpool, New York. OCC operates under the State University of New York (SUNY) system and is locally sponsored by Onondaga County.
We pride ourselves on offering a quality education at an affordable price, and are the first public college in the nation to partner with Barnes & Noble College on the “Box of Books” program, which provides students with flat-rate, predictable pricing for textbooks and technology. Helping students succeed is a key element of our long-term goal outline, known as Lazer Focus, and our partnership with Achieving the Dream, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping all students succeed, regardless of income or race
Our commitment to sustainability, environmental responsibility, and keeping central New York a beautiful place to live has earned recognition as one of “The 10 Best Green Schools in America 2018” by The Knowledge Review, a “Green College” by the Princeton Review, and a “Cool School” by the Sierra Club.
Sports continue to be a pillar of student involvement on campus and our 17 athletics teams, The Lazers, have won 16 national championships including men's lacrosse, men's basketball, and women's basketball.
Mission + Vision
Onondaga Community College is Central New York’s partner in education for success. Achieving our mission through:
- Student Access, Retention, Completion, Transfer
- Academic Excellence
- Student Engagement and Support
- Career and Workforce Advancement
- Responsible Stewardship of Resources
- Community Engagement
Our Core Values
- Student First – Keep students at the center of all we do.
- Learning – Embrace the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and free expression of ideas in a safe environment to advance the individual and the community.
- Excellence – Strive for continual improvement and innovation to seek our highest potential.
- Diversity – Enrich learning through an inclusive campus environment that respects human dignity and difference.
- Community – Foster active and productive participation in building a mutually supportive environment for members of the campus and broader communities.
- Responsibility – Build a culture of integrity and accountability to develop both self and others.