About the College
Mission + Vision
Onondaga Community College is Central New York’s partner in education for success. Achieving our mission through:
- Student Access, Retention, Completion, Transfer
- Academic Excellence
- Student Engagement and Support
- Career and Workforce Advancement
- Responsible Stewardship of Resources
- Community Engagement
Our Core Values
- Student First – Keep students at the center of all we do.
- Learning – Embrace the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and free expression of ideas in a safe environment to advance the individual and the community.
- Excellence – Strive for continual improvement and innovation to seek our highest potential.
- Diversity – Enrich learning through an inclusive campus environment that respects human dignity and difference.
- Community – Foster active and productive participation in building a mutually supportive environment for members of the campus and broader communities.
- Responsibility – Build a culture of integrity and accountability to develop both self and others.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
An education at Onondaga inspires students to:
- Skills and acquire knowledge that will benefit them in their academic, professional, and personal lives
- Responsible ways to gather information and use technology
- Effective ways to exchange ideas with others
- Critically about problems and creatively about solutions
- Carefully about their own ideas and the ideas of others
- Earnestly about how they relate to other people and the world around them
- In ways that demonstrate and promote good citizenship
- Ethically in their academic, professional, and personal lives