International Student Admission
We welcome international students to our campus, as they play an important role in enriching diversity and fostering an international/global perspective among our student body.
How to Apply for International Admission
Please read carefully. You must submit original high school and financial documents for review.
- In addition to the application, you are required to submit the following documentation:
- An official original high school transcript and official high school diploma (along with translations if not already in English)
- All official college transcripts (if applicable) - if college was not in the United States see Transcript and Credit Evaluation Services below.
- SUNY International Student Financial Statement and original bank statements detailing $26,970.00
|New Student Programming Fee
($18/credit hour, the fee listed is based on a 12 credit hour schedule)
|Recreation and Wellness Fee||$210.00|
|Student Activity Fee||$110.00|
(one-time fee charged upon first registration)
|Mandatory Health Insurance Fee - Fall
(subject to change)
|Health Insurance Fee - Spring/Summer
(subject to change)
Administrative Processing Fee
|Room and Board
(based on double occupancy $6,430 + 14-meal plan $3,450 + parking $90)
|Books and Supplies
(based on participation in our Box of Books program. Total price may vary based on program/major and/or number of registered credits)
|Personal and Incidental||$2,050.00|
Note: If you are bringing a spouse with you, you need to provide proof of an additional $3,000. If you are bringing a child (dependent) with you, you need to provide proof of an additional $5,000 per child.
Mail all above documents to:
Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
The following documents can be sent by email:
- A copy of your passport
- Certificate of Immunization (OCC requires all students to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), provide a completed meningococcal meningitis response form, and proof of the complete COVID vaccination series. You can utilize the Certificate of Immunization form as a guide to submitting the required records. You can submit your immunization records by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or bringing the documentation to Student Central).
- We will review and make an admission decision on your application once all required forms have been received.
- As soon as our evaluation is complete, you will receive an admission decision via international mail.
- Once you are accepted you will receive your I-20 and further instructions on how to register for classes.
Complete the International Student Application for Admission
After submitting the application requirements, you will receive your first email notification within 3 to 4 weeks.
For overseas calls, please visit www.countrycallingcodes.com
To ensure a thorough review of the candidate's application for admission, the following deadlines have been established:
- Fall (August) Semester - July 1
- Spring (January) Semester - November 15
For Fall 2024, all required admission documents must be submitted by August 9, 2024.
Candidates already in the U.S. and need to change immigration status to F1
Apply before the current immigration status expires. However, prior consultation is required before initiating the process.
Note: There are no guarantees for change of status to F1 since the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security adjudicates on a case-by-case basis.
F1 Transfer Candidates
Apply at least 4 weeks before the start of the semester if all the Student Exchange and Visitor Information (SEVIS) requirements have been met.
In addition to the application requirements listed above, F1 international students transferring from a college or university in the U.S. must complete the following steps:
- Download the SEVIS Transfer-In Verification Form and complete Part I of the form.
- Give the form, with Part I completed, to International Student Services at your current institution for them to complete the remainder of the form and send it to OCC.
Transfer candidates are held to the same I-20 deadline as all other applicants.
Health Insurance information
It is the policy of OCC as well as a requirement set by the State of New York, that ALL International students carry mandatory comprehensive health insurance coverage. All F1 students will be automatically enrolled in the required international student health insurance. Contact International Student Services with any questions.
Transcript and Credential Evaluation Services
- State Department Visa Information
- Department of Homeland Security
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- NAFSA - Association of International Educators
- Education USA
- Study guide to the States