We welcome international students to our campus, as they play an important role in enriching diversity and fostering an international/global perspective among our student body.
How to Apply for International Admission
Complete the International Student Application for Admission
After submitting the application requirements, you will receive your first email notification within 3 to 4 weeks.
- In addition to the application, you are required to submit the following documentation:
- A copy of your passport
- Certificate of Immunization (OCC requires all students to prove immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), provide a completed meningococcal meningitis response form, and proof of the complete COVID vaccination series. You can utilize the Certificate of Immunization form as a guide to submitting the required records. You can submit your immunization records by emailing them to email@example.com or bringing the documentation to Student Central).
- An official original high school transcript and official high school diploma (along with translations if not already in English)
- All official college transcripts (if applicable) - if college was not in the United States see Transcript and Credit Evaluation Services below.
- SUNY International Student Financial Statement and original bank statements detailing $26,656.00
|New Student Programming Fee (one-time fee)||$34.00|
|Recreation and Wellness Fee||$210.00|
|Student Activity Fee||$110.00|
|International Fee (one-time fee)||$350.00|
|Health Insurance Fee - Fall***||$1,076.00|
|Health Insurance Fee - Spring/Summer***||$1,491.00|
Administrative Processing Fee (one-time fee)
|Room and Board****||$9,710.00|
|Books and Supplies*****||$825.00|
|Personal and Incidental||$2,050.00|
Note: If you are bringing a spouse with you, you need to provide proof of an additional $3,000. If you are bringing a child (dependent) with you, you need to provide proof of an additional $5,000 per child.
*Does not include any course specific fees
**One-time only fee charged upon first matriculation
***Subject to change
****Based on double occupancy ($6,430-)+14-meal plan ($3,190-)+parking ($90-)
*****Cost of books may vary based on program/major
Mail all above documents to:
Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
- We will review and make an admission decision on your application once all required forms have been received.
- As soon as our evaluation is complete, you will receive an admission decision via international mail.
- Once you are accepted you will receive your I-20 and further instructions on how to register for classes.
For overseas calls, please visit www.countrycallingcodes.com
To ensure a thorough review of each of the candidate's application for admission to the College, the following deadlines have been established for the submission of all required documents:
- Fall (August) Semester - July 1
- Spring (January) Semester - November 15
- Summer (May) Semester - April 1 (Summer admission will be limited to international students with English proficiency that exceeds ESOL level)
Candidates already in the U.S. and need to change immigration status to F1
Apply before the current immigration status expires. However, prior consultation is required before initiating the process.
Note: There are no guarantees for change of status to F1 since the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security adjudicates on a case-by-case basis.
F1 Transfer Candidates
Apply at least 3 weeks before the start of the semester if all the Student Exchange and Visitor Information (SEVIS) requirements have been met.
In addition to the application requirements listed above, F1 international students transferring from a college or university in the U.S. must complete the following steps:
- Download the SEVIS Transfer-In Verification Form and complete Part I of the form.
- Give the form, with Part I completed, to International Student Services at your current institution for them to complete the remainder of the form and send it to OCC.
Health Insurance information
It is the policy of OCC as well as a requirement set by the State of New York, that ALL International students carry mandatory comprehensive health insurance coverage. All F1 students will be automatically enrolled in the required international student health insurance. Contact International Student Services with any questions.
Transcript and Credential Evaluation Services
- State Department Visa Information
- Department of Homeland Security
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services
- NAFSA - Association of International Educators
- Education USA
- Study guide to the States