School Transfer Process for International Students
Transferring from OCC to another school
If you plan to transfer to another school after your time at OCC, you must:
- Apply to your new school.
- Once you have been accepted to your new school, contact International Student Services to go over the SEVIS transfer process. Bring your acceptance letter and any SEVIS transfer documents that the new school requires you to complete.
- International Services at OCC will complete your SEVIS transfer to the new school at the end of your academic term, or at the SEVIS transfer date you request.
- You have up to 60 days from the program end date on your Form I-20 to request the SEVIS transfer from OCC.
- Following the SEVIS transfer, the new school will issue you a new Form I-20. Please schedule an appointment with International Student Services for assistance.
Transferring to OCC from another school
- Apply for admission to OCC as an international student.
- After receiving your OCC admission letter, contact the International Student Services office at your previous or current school to inform them of your plan to transfer.
- Determine the date when your SEVIS record will need to be transferred from your current school to OCC. Complete the SEVIS Transfer-In From provided.
- After your SEVIS record is transferred to OCC and we have received all of your financial documents, we will issue you a new Form I-20 for OCC.
- The SEVIS transfer to OCC must take place before your 60-day grace period ends, following the end of your program at your previous school.