Onondaga Community College (OCC) seeks to create a climate that values diversity, inclusiveness, equity, and social justice and is free from prejudice, discrimination, and hate, campus-wide. The College works to promote “inclusiveness,” whereby people are treated fairly, feel recognized and welcomed, and are actively engaged in all elements of our college community, regardless of their ethnicity, race, age, socio-economic status, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs, and abilities. The College’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity is embedded within our mission, values, and actions.
At the core of what we do is a belief in our students, learning, excellence, diversity, community, and responsibility. Hence, Onondaga Community College’s core values are
- Students First – Keep students at the center of all we do
- Learning – Embrace the lifelong pursuit of knowledge and free expression of ideas in a safe environment to advance the individual and the community
- Excellence – Strive for continual improvement and innovation to seek our highest potential
- Diversity – Enrich learning through an inclusive campus environment that respects human dignity and difference
- Community – Foster active and productive participation in building a mutually supportive environment for members of the campus and broader communities
- Responsibility – Build a culture of integrity and accountability to develop both self and others.