Financial Aid Special Circumstances

If you have a documented special circumstance that negatively affects your financial situation, you could be eligible for a financial aid adjustment. In cases where a special circumstance significantly changes the financial information reflected on your FAFSA, you may request a review by the Financial Aid Office to see if additional financial assistance is available.

Some applicable special circumstances are:

  • Change/Loss of employment
  • Death of a parent or spouse
  • Unusual medical expense
  • Divorce or separation
To request an adjustment to your aid based on a special circumstance, please submit the Special Circumstances Form