Experience a new side of OCC
It's more than just a room. Reslife comes with some serious perks like staff on-call, friends next door, and front desk services like delivery and rentals.
Take a look through one of our halls with Renard and see how you could style your space.
It's all here
For 1st year students only
- Single, double, and triple rooms
- Shared bathrooms, kitchenettes, and lounges on each floor
- Fitness Room
- Lazer Line shuttle service
- Laundry facilities
Fun & Games
Picking a Room
Your living experience can be tailored to you in a few different ways.
- Pick from a single, double, or triple room
- Select your lifestyle preferences in the application or pick your own roommate
- Live in one of our special interest communities: music, social justice, health & wellness, or gender-inclusive housing
For full instructions and extra help, just check out our How to Apply page.
2021-22 Room Rates
|Cost per semester||Cost per year|
All room rates include a mandatory $80/semester ($160/year) Residence Hall Programming Fee
2021-22 Meal Plan Rates
|Cost per semester||Cost per year|
|14 meals per week||$1,450||$2,900|
|16 meals per week||$1,560||$3,120|
|19 meals per week||$1,660||$3,320|
A resident meal plan selection is required for students living on campus
Onondaga Community College will require students living in the residence halls to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Below are answers to common questions regarding the policy and what it means for you:
- When will I be able to move-in? Move-in for all students is Friday, August 27, 2021. You must be fully vaccinated by this date.
- When will I need to receive the vaccination to be fully vaccinated by Friday, August 27, 2021? If you are getting the Moderna vaccine your first dose needs to be administered on or before July 16, 2021 to be fully vaccinated by Friday, August 27, 2021. If you are getting the Pfizer vaccine your first dose needs to be administered on or before July 23, 2021 to be fully vaccinated by Friday, August 27, 2021. If you are getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine your first (and only) dose needs to be administered on or before August 13, 2021 to be fully vaccinated by Friday, August 27, 2021.
- Where do I provide proof of vaccination? Students will need to submit their proof of vaccination.
- Where can I get a COVID-19 Vaccine? You can find New York State run vaccine sites at the website below. Many NY mass vaccination sites are providing vaccines to walk-ins with no appointment necessary. You can also check vaccine availability at pharmacies near you.
- Do I have to pay for the vaccine? No. The federal government is providing the vaccine free of charge to all people living in the United States regardless of health insurance status.
- What does “fully vaccinated” mean? You are fully vaccinated two weeks (14 days) after receiving the last dose of the vaccine. For Pfizer and Moderna that is two weeks after your second dose. For Johnson & Johnson that is two weeks after your first (and only) dose.
- Will I have to get a COVID test prior to move-in? Currently, OCC is not requiring fully vaccinated students to test prior to move-in; however, we are waiting for official guidance from the SUNY system and will notify you if this changes. If you are not fully vaccinated, OCC will arrange for you to be tested on-campus prior to moving into your residence hall and starting your quarantine.
- Will I need to get a weekly COVID test? Currently, OCC is not requiring fully vaccinated students to get tested weekly; however, we are waiting for official guidance from the SUNY system and will notify you if this changes. If you have additional questions, please contact us at [email protected]
- Can I get an exemption to the requirement to be vaccinated to live on-campus? No, there will be no exemptions. All students living on-campus in the residence halls must be vaccinated.
- Will I have to wear a mask or social distance in the residence halls? Great news! With the vaccination requirement and the governor lifting many of the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions we can lift many of the COVID-19 requirements that were in place last year. You will no longer be required to social distance or wear masks in the residence halls. We will also be opening the floor lounges and community kitchens for use.
- Will I be able to have guests & visitors in the residence halls? Yes, guests and visitors are welcome in the building between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm; however, we are still prohibiting overnight guests.
"Moving to OCC was one of the best decisions that I ever made because it allowed me to develop myself as a better student, individual, and leader." Eleanor Petrucco, '21