The weather is getting colder Lazers and that means cold/flu season is coming in addition to our current COVID-19 crisis. It will take all of us to keep our community safe. Here are some important reminders about the mask-wearing policies on our campus.
When/Where do I wear a mask?
At all times while on the OCC Campus. The only exceptions are as follows:
- While eating in the cafeteria when socially distant
- In your private room in the residence halls
- Alone in your assigned workspace
How should I be wearing my mask?
Masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others, but only if they are worn properly. According to the CDC, your mask should:
- Have two or more layers of fabric
- Be worn over your nose and mouth and then secured under your chin
When wearing a mask, pay special attention not to make any common mistakes below such as:
- Wearing it around your neck
- On your forehead
- Under your nose
- Only on your nose
- On your chin
- Dangling from one ear
- On your arm
Not recommended as face coverings are gaiters and bandanas.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 safety procedures at the college, visit our COVID-19 communications website.