Onondaga Community College President Dr. Casey Crabill and SUNY Polytechnic Institute Acting President Dr. Tod A. Laursen today signed a transfer articulation agreement which provides students who earn their associate degree at OCC a seamless pathway into one of 12 degree programs at SUNY Poly. OCC students will be able to take all of their credits with them to SUNY Poly and then complete work toward their bachelor's degree in as soon as two years. Students nationwide face a significant barrier to earning their degree when they change programs. This partnership addresses that barrier and ensures that students are prepared to graduate with a bachelor's degree in four years.
"We're grateful to our partners at SUNY Poly for recognizing the outstanding potential in our students and creating a pathway for them to earn a valuable four-year degree at a SUNY price point. During an uncertain time for students and families, this agreement provides a tremendous level of certainty for anyone considering better their lives through higher education," said OCC President Dr. Casey Crabill.
"SUNY Poly is proud to partner with OCC to simplify the transfer process, especially when to many students face headwinds related to economic uncertainty and the pandemic," said SUNY Poly Acting President Dr. Tod A. Laursen. "It is imperative that students are able to pursue streamlined bachelor's degree pathway options that are not only affordable but also simple to navigate, provide the experiential learning-based skills that will prepare them to enjoy thriving careers."
The degree programs included in this agreement are as follows:
OCC Degree to SUNY Poly Degree
- Mathematics & Science to Biology B.S.
- Business Administration to Business Administration B.S.
- Engineering Science to Civil Engineering B.S.
- General Studies to Community and Behavioral Health B.S.
- Human Services to Community and Behavioral Health B.S.
- Humanities & Social Sciences to Community and Behavioral Health B.S.
- Art to Communication and Information Design B.S.
- Broadcast Media Communications to Communication and Information Design B.S.
- Communication Studies to Communication and Information Design B.S.
- Computer Science to Computer and Information Science B.S.
- Health Information Technology to Health Information Management B.P.S.
- General Studies to Interdisciplinary Studies B.A.
- Humanities & Social Sciences to Interdisciplinary Studies B.A.
- Engineering Sciences to Mechanical Engineering B.S.
- Nursing to Nursing B.S.
- General Studies to Psychology B.A.
- Human Services to Psychology B.A.
- Humanities & Social Sciences to Psychology B.A.
- Criminal Justice to Sociology B.A.
- Humanities & Social Sciences to Sociology B.A.