Health & Safety Checks
Now when anyone enters campus or OCC buildings, we will all have to follow new procedures and wear a mask in public areas as well as continuing to practice social distancing.
- There is one open entrance to the college and a separate exit. When you enter, campus safety will be conducting health screenings evaluating 3 major criteria.
- Symptoms - have you had a fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, muscle pain, headache or sore throat?
- Exposure - have you been exposed to anyone with the virus within the past 14 days? If so, you will be asked to leave.
- Testing Positive for COVID-19 - if you have tested positive for the disease within the past 14 days, you will be asked to leave.
- If you pass, you will be given a wristband that is specifically color-coded for that day.
- You may proceed with your business, as long as you continue to practice 6 ft. social distancing measures.
- You will be required to have a mask when entering campus. This is to be used at all times when in confined spaces like elevators, bathrooms, or when meeting with others. Campus Safety has a limited number of masks to distribute to visitors who are missing a mask.
We will be performing increased cleaning and sanitation measures during this time. Please review more in-depth information about campus & NYS regulations here:
Coronavirus Procedures & Signage
Although campus is opening back up in accordance with guidance from SUNY and state and local officials, we encourage people to continue utilizing remote practices when possible and require maintaining social distancing measures and personal safety.
- Email - please be checking your email frequently for updates from your professors and the college
- Blackboard - ensure that you have access and are frequently checking your Blackboard. This tool allows professors to post course announcements, readings, assignments, and more
- Laptop Loaners - Loaner laptops are available on a first come, first serve basis. To request one, fill out the online interest form.
- Internet Access/WiFi - Some Onondaga County libraries are offering free WiFi access in their parking lots. This includes Coulter Library on campus, which can be accessed in lot #18.
We Can Still Help
Here are the important services we are still offering - reach out to them!
- Coulter Library: Now performing curbside pickup. If you need any additional help, just click on their page to find contact info for a librarian, or use all the resources they have linked to their website.
- Learning Center: We are still offering remote tutoring for free. Reach out and we'll get you set up.
- Recruitment: Our recruiters have been answering all of your important questions and will continue to do so. Check out the Open House page to take Virtual Tours, see the info sessions that we are hosting, and other important info like financial aid. Want to shoot them a text? The recruiters have their numbers listed.
It's okay to be having a hard time right now...
Please know that with everything going on, struggling is normal. If you feel you are having more difficulties than usual and would like some assistance, please call Counseling at (315) 498-2675 or email Counseling Administrative Assistant Kimber Gadaleta at [email protected].
If you've got questions, please email us at [email protected]