Travel, learn, grow!
OCC's Study Abroad program gives students the opportunity to see different parts of the world and experience new cultures, while taking classes and earning credits. Browse through photos of some of our trips to see if studying abroad is a good fit for you.
Onondaga study abroad classes are open to all students. Prior to applying for one of OCC's study abroad expeditions, students are encouraged to discuss the expectations of the trip with the Faculty Trip Leader to better understand the scope of the commitment. Here are some other eligibility requirements to keep in mind:
- Students must satisfy their financial obligation for the trip, and any balance on their student account, in order to participate.
- Students need a valid passport, obtained no less than six weeks prior to the trip departure.
- Insurance for the trip is required and included in the trip fee.
- Students must satisfy the academic requirements for the class and adhere to all college policies and procedures both on campus and abroad.
Selecting a Program
There are many things to consider when selecting the right study abroad program for you, including:
- Curriculum - Does the program you are checking into have your curriculum listed? If it does, are the courses you would like to take offered during your visit?
- Location - Where do you want to go? Country or city? Large university or small school? Take a look at a map and get a general picture of where it is you would be going.
- Cost - Is the program affordable? Will financial aid and loans apply? Will financial aid cover the majority of the expenses (including air fare)?
Since Onondaga Community College is an institution within the State University of New York system, OCC students may participate in many of the numerous SUNY study abroad programs.
How to Apply
Meet with the Faculty Trip Leader assigned to the expedition you're interested in. At that meeting, the Trip Leader will provide the any forms necessary for registration.
- Make the required deposit at Student Accounts.
- Bring a copy of the deposit receipt and the completed paperwork to Academic Services.
- Work with the Faculty Trip Leader to register for the class online.