Onondaga Community College honored outstanding students in each of its degree and certificate programs during the 2022 Curriculum Honors ceremony, The event was held May 4 in Storer Auditorium.
The following students were recognized for excelling in the School of Education:
Early Child Care Certificate - Laura Avery
- Laura was a dedicated student who was always eager to learn about her profession. She embraced her field experience opportunities and was always looking to improve.
Early Childhood - Nicole Hare
- Nicole was a dedicated and hard-working student. She's now at SUNY Cortland where she is pursuing her goal of becoming an elementary school teacher.
Liberal Arts & Sciences: Adolescent Education - Holley Mosher
- Holly is an excellent student who is always respectful when expressing her opinions and her insights. She always explains her reasoning behind her thoughts to allow others to see where she is coming from.
Liberal Arts & Sciences: Childhood Education - Roxanne Grimes
- Roxanne always goes above and beyond with her course work. During class discussion she shares personal stories and how they impact her situation as a parent when relevant to subject areas.
Physical Education & Exercise Science Studies - Tiernan Tormey
- Despite stumbling academically at the beginning of the pandemic, Tiernan persisted and reversed the trajectory of his path. He plans to continue his education and become a Physician's Assistant.