Onondaga Community College honored outstanding students in each of its degree and certificate programs during the 2022 Curriculum Honors ceremony. The event was held May 4 in Storer Auditorium.
The following students were recognized for excelling in the School of Health:
Certified Nursing Assistant
Health Information Technology/Medical Records - Dawn Dawson
- Dawn was very supportive of her fellow students during her time in the program and became a tutor during her second year. She will transfer into a bachelor's program as she works toward a degree in Health Information Management.
Health Sciences - Joe Doyle
- Joe worked full time while earning a 4.0 grade point average. He's been accepted into SUNY Upstate Medical University's Radiation Therapy program.
Health Studies Certificate - Grace Mabi
- Grace is a mother of 5 who earned her certificate while also working as a CNA. She was a classroom leader, often mentoring fellow classmates with her healthcare experience.
Nursing - Hannah Robles
- Hannah is a two-time Curriculum Honoree! Four years ago she was named the top student in OCC's Business Administration degree program. She returned to OCC in 2020, and now is the top student in the Nursing degree program.
Physical Therapist Assistant - Shannon Smithson
- Shannon completed her first full time clinical at Kuss Physical Therapy and will begin working there full time after she graduates. She was a member of student government here and has strong interpersonal skills and an amazing work ethic.
Surgical Technology - Kaitlyn Pardee
- Kaitlyn demonstrated a passion for learning and a level of commitment necessary to succeed. She has the qualities and skills to be a great surgical technologist.