Out-of-State Complaint Process: NC-SARA

Out-of-State Complaint Process


The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA) is a non-profit organization established to ensure national standards for interstate postsecondary distance education programs and courses.  The State of New York is a member state, and Onondaga Community College is a SARA participating institution. Participation in SARA allows Onondaga Community College to provide distance education courses and programs to students outside of the state. To learn more about SARA, please visit NC-SARA

Procedures for Filing Out-of-State Complaints

Distance learning students from out of state should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints with Onondaga Community College first. The process for filing an academic-related complaint can be found in the Academic Rules - Reporting a General Academic Concern. All other discrimination and equity issues should be filed with the Chief Diversity Officer, who can be reached at (315)-498-2565. Non-academic issues should be filed using the Consumer Protection Complaint Form.

If an issue cannot be resolved by Onondaga Community College, distance education students residing outside of the State of New York and in a SARA member state may appeal through SARA’s provisions.  Distance education students should refer to New York State Entity Portal, NYSED Complaint Procedures.  Students can also use NC-SARA's State Portal Entity Contacts page to find their state’s student complaint contact information.   

For more information regarding NC-SARA complaint policies, please visit NC-SARA Complaint Procedures.

You may file a complaint about Onondaga Community College with your State by referring to the Directory of State Authorization Agencies and Lead Contacts as developed by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) in compliance with federal Department of Education regulations. You may also contact our accrediting agency,  Middle States Commission on Higher Education.​​​​​​​