How does a student receive a PTK membership invitation?
Invitations are mailed to eligible students at the local address each fall and spring inviting them to join. Eligible students are those who:
· Are currently matriculated
· Have completed 12 credit hours at OCC
· Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
* OCC does not induct students during the summer or winter semesters. Graduates are not eligible for retroactive induction. Both part-time and full-time students are eligible for membership.
Why accept a PTK membership invitation?
· Scholarship money from transfer institutions
· Access to programs to help you be more competitive as a transfer student or employee
· Opportunities to get involved on campus and build relationships with other high-achieving students as well as faculty
· Special PTK regalia for the OCC commencement ceremony
· ID card access to the Honors College/PTK suite on campus
How to accept a PTK membership invitation
• Receive an official invitation mailed to each eligible students’ local address (in early October or early March)
• Pay the $11 fee at Student Central in Gordon and receive a full page, detailed receipt (the rest of your fee is paid by the OCC Foundation!)
• Submit the completed application and full-page receipt to Phi Theta Kappa in C204 Coulter Hall (near the bridge to Mawhinney) by the deadline indicated in the mailing
• Once you've submitted the application, you'll be invited to attend the induction ceremony