These are the instructions for completing the TAP application for 2020-2021.
OCC's State School Code for TAP is: 2185
- Go to www.hesc.ny.gov
- Hover over PAY and select Apply for TAP.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see a blue link and select the link. It will look like this: Received this notice from HESC? Apply now
- On the next screen, select "Click Here." It will look like this:
To complete your online application, you must first create a user name and personal identification number (PIN). Click Here
- If this is your first time applying for TAP, click on "First time users click here to register with HESC and create your account. Save your username and PIN for future use."
- If you find that you have applied before but cannot remember your username and your PIN, click on "I forgot my User ID or PIN" and follow the prompts. Once retrieved, go back to steps a-d.
- Once you log in, make sure to select the academic year 2020-2021. Follow the prompts until you see the application with your demographic information. This is the start of the application itself.
- For this application, you will be asked to provide your parent(s) New York State ID information at the very end (use their driver's license or NYS ID to complete this section).
This application is much shorter than the FAFSA and should only take about 10 minutes.