In order to be eligible for acceptance into OCC's nursing program, you must attain a passing score (65% or higher) on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). At this time, TEAS testing is only offered remotely by following the steps below.
How to register for TEAS
In-person TEAS testing will not take place on campus for the foreseeable future. In the meantime, you can take the test remotely from your own home by following the instructions described below:
- Go to https://www.atitesting.com. A popup will ask you why you're on the site. Select "I am preparing for or taking the TEAS."
- You'll be redirected to a new page. Hit "Create an Account" in the upper right. If you want your results sent to OCC directly, use Onondaga CC for your institution when creating your account.
- Once you have created and signed into your account, select the Online Store option in the upper right.
- You'll be redirected to a new page. On the left side, there is a menu. Under "Register for..." Select the second option: “TEAS at ATI."
- Select the program type "ATI Remote Proctor- Nursing,"
- There are normally several pages of dates.
- Click "Learn More" to see the details for the remote testing site and the technical requirements required to take the test from home.
- Click "Register" to register for a specific date and time.
- The non-refundable fee for the TEAS is paid to ATI, by credit or debit at the time of registration.