Agreement with Syracuse University
1. OCC students interested in matriculating to SU through this Agreement must first complete the
program inquiry form, which will be made available on both OCC's and SU's websites.
2. The provisions outlined in this Agreement pertain to students who complete an Associate of Arts or
Associate of Science program at OCC in the semester immediately preceding the desired entry term at
3. OCC students must complete their degrees with a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be granted admission to SU
pursuant to this Agreement. SU and OCC will determine by mutual agreement the programs students
are eligible to enter based on their GPA at time of transfer.
4. Each OCC student seeking to transfer to SU pursuant to this Agreement who graduates with a GPA of
3.25 or above and duly applies to SU as described herein will be awarded a minimum of $10,000 in
merit-based scholarship aid for their first year of study at SU upon acceptance into a full-time degree
program. That aid will be renewable subject to normal SU requirements for merit aid. (The current
requirement for renewal is full-time [12 credit hours] status with a 2.75 GPA.) Students who graduate
from OCC with a GPA of 3.25 or higher and who matriculate into CPS part-time programs will receive
merit aid in the amount of $5,000 total, to be applied through the course of the student's program of
study. Full-time and part-time students will also be evaluated for need-based financial aid if they
submit the CSS-PROFILE and FAFSA documents.
5. Students must remain in good standing with OCC and have a continued record of good citizenship and
character throughout their enrollment to remain eligible for this Direct Transfer Admission Program.
- A total of up to 57 credits may transfer, with a minimum of 72 credits to be earned at Syracuse University.
- Note: MAT 241 and MAT 264 must both be taken to transfer in as MAT 331 and MAT 485.
- Link to Liberal Arts courses at Syracuse University.
- Disclaimer: This report should be used as a guide to help you understand how your courses may apply towards your intended degree program at Syracuse University. An official transfer evaluation will be completed upon matriculation. A minimum grade of “C” is required in each course. Effective for transfers in Fall 2023.