Helping get you to your end goal!
Whether you're exploring majors, looking for a job or internship, need resume and interview tips, or are ready to launch into your career... we've got you!
Major & Career Exploration
Not quite sure what to major in? These links are a great place to start.
Career Coach is a way to discover programs and in-demand careers based on your interests!
- Click "Sign Up" and create an account
- After logging in, select "Take the career assessment"
- Click on the 60 questions assessment
OCC's program pages give you an overview of what you'll learn in a specific major, possible job paths with it, and access to the academic catalog so you can read about each class you'll take.
What do you want to be?
My Next Move is an interactive tool for you to learn more about career options. The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are.
If you are a veteran, you can check out My Next Move for Veterans.
Handshake is our database of jobs, internships, events, employer profiles, and more.
Login to Handshake
To login to Handshake, follow these simple instructions to access your account:
- Visit the Handshake login page
- Use your OCC email and password to log in.
- Handshake will take you through a quick series of questions to get an idea of who you are and where you would like to go.
- It only takes about five minutes to complete your profile to get access to the entire platform. The Handshake mobile app is available on the App Store and Google Play.
Create your Handshake profile
- Employers will be able to find your information and Handshake will recommend jobs, internships, or events based on your career interests.
Update your Handshake Profile
- After logging in to Handshake, select your name in the top right corner and then select "My Profile."
- Complete each of the different areas of your profile (e.g. profile picture, education, work experience and more).
- Once complete, select "Make Profile Public", so your profile is visible to employers.
Once a Lazer, always a Lazer. No matter how many years it's been since you graduated, Career Services is always here for you.
To learn more, visit our page for Alumni
OCC students can help advance your business! They'll gain valuable experience and insight and you'll gain a dedicated, interested, and hard-working employee to help your business grow. It's win-win!
If you're interested in partnering with OCC, visit our page for Employers
Mawhinney Hall 310 • email@example.com • (315) 498–2585 • Hours: 8:30am–4:30pm