We are open to the community!
OCC Staff & Students
Staff and students must have their OCC ID (Lazer Card) to check out library material and are responsible for all items charged to their account. If a staff member or student is in the library's system, but does not have an OCC ID, they can still borrow library items by showing a photo ID (such as driver’s license). An ID is not needed to use the library computers, they can simply log in with their staff or student email and password.
Onondaga County residents are welcome to borrow library materials. A photo ID is required to issue a community user library card. Community users must have their library card/photo ID to check out library material and are responsible for all items charged to their account. A community user does not need an ID card to use one of the designated Community Use computers in the library. A library employee will be happy to log them onto a computer. Community users in violation of any library policy may lose their privileges at the discretion of the librarian.
Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13215
Fall Semester 2022
August 29 - December 17
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please Note: Only the second floor is open on Saturday & Sunday
Monday September 5 - CLOSED
Wednesday November 23 - Sunday November 27 - CLOSED
Sunday December 18 - CLOSED
Library Department Chair
Departments: Reference, Acquisitions, Course Reserve, Open Education Resources
Library Liaison: School of Health & School of Math, Science, & Engineering
Departments: Reference, Archives & Special Collection
Library Liaison: School of Education & School of Public Safety & Community Service
Library Liaison: School of Business
Departments: Instruction & Reference
Library Liaison: School of Liberal Arts & School of Art, Design, Media & Music
Library Liaison: School of Computing and Applied Technologies
Director of Library Operations
Department(s): Circulation (Checkout & Return), Course Reserves, Technical Services
Department(s): Interlibrary Loan (ILL), Circulation (Checkout & Return)
Department(s): Circulation (Checkout & Return), Technical Services
Department(s): Interlibrary Loan (ILL), Course Reserves, Technical Services
Getting around the Library
- Parking - Parking is available in multiple lots near Coulter Library located in Coulter Hall. For more information about parking for persons with disabilities, go to the Getting Around Campus page or contact Campus Safety at (315) 498-2478.
- Automatic Doors - Coulter Hall has two sets of automatic doors:
- the main entrance to Coulter Hall on the front side of the building
- the Parking Lot 18 entrance
- Elevator - The public elevator in Coulter Hall is straight ahead through the main lobby from the main entrance of Coulter Hall.
- Restrooms - Accessible restrooms are located on each floor of Coulter Hall.
- Drinking Fountain - Wheelchair accessible drinking fountains are available on each floor of Coulter Hall.
- Computers - All public computers are wheelchair accessible. Visit our Adaptive Technology page for details about additional adaptive technologies available in the library.
- Study Carrels - Study carrels are available on the 1st floor of the library for students and faculty on a daily basis. These spaces can help by reducing environmental distractions.
- Library Liaison for Persons with Disabilities - David Durfey is the library's liaison for persons with disabilities. If you need information about library services, you may contact him directly at 315-498-2998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research Help - A librarian is available at the Research Help Desk or Reserve Counter during most hours the library is open. The Research Help Desk is wheelchair accessible. You may contact a reference librarian in person, by phone or by email.
- The Library has Low-Vision Magnifiers available for use.
- The Office of Accessibility Resources is located in Coulter Hall, C104. This office is responsible for providing academic support services to students with disabilities. Staff in this office can be contacted by calling 315-498-2245.
Check out our virtual library tour!