Responsibility for Maintenance: Enrollment Management
I. Policy Statement
This policy governs individuals under the age of 18, who have not been awarded a high school diploma or its equivalent, and who are seeking to enroll in Onondaga Community College courses that carry credit hours and accumulate to the student’s permanent academic record.
II. Reason for Policy
Onondaga Community College seeks to provide an appropriate learning environment for all students who take courses, whether on campus or at other sites where courses are regularly scheduled. Accordingly, the College enrolls minors only in limited circumstances as described below.
III. Applicability of the Policy
This policy applies to all employees, including faculty and staff, of Onondaga Community College and to all minors who have not earned a high school diploma or its equivalent and seek to enroll in courses offered for credit.
IV. Related Documents
- Policy C1 Compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (The Buckley Amendment)
- Policy C3 Admissions
|Subject||Office Name||Title or Position||Telephone Number|
|General Information||Student Central||Vice President, Enrollment Management||(315) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Minors who have not earned a high school diploma or its equivalent may enroll as college students and attend college classes only when the following conditions are met:
- The College President or designee (President) has determined that the student is able to benefit from the course(s) in which enrollment is sought.
- The student has submitted a written recommendation for enrollment at the College from the Principal of student’s school of primary enrollment. For home-schooled students, the written recommendation should be provided by the applicable school superintendent.
- The student has submitted written consent to enroll at the College from his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s), including a release of liability for the College.
- The student has demonstrated adequate academic preparation for the course(s) for which enrollment is sought.
- The student has completed the 10th grade at the time his/her College course(s) begin. Students who fulfill all other requirements of this policy but who have not yet completed 10th grade will be considered for enrollment on a case-by-case basis where, in the sole discretion of the College President or designee, sufficient support for and supervision of the minor is demonstrated through an onsite program or other appropriate means.
- The student has a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (C) or higher at his/her school of primary enrollment.
- The student has provided all documentation and followed all enrollment procedures prescribed by the College.
- The student has paid all required tuition and fees.
Approved by OCC Board of Trustees June 21, 2016