What to bring when visiting our office 

Make the Veterans Affairs Office your first stop at OCC!  We can help you fill out your VA forms quickly and accurately.  

  • Member 4 copy of DD-214 discharge papers
  • VA Certificate of Eligibility -- if you have previously applied for VA education benefits.
  • DD-2384-1 form (Reservist or National Guard applying for Chapter 1606 Selected Reserves). This form is obtained from your unit.
  • Any "kicker" (additional education benefits contract) documentation.
  • Vocational Rehabilitation Authorization Form (1905). Provided by VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment counselor if you will be receiving Chapter 31 education benefits. 

GI/Montgomery Bill Self-Verification

Almost everyone receiving MGIB-Active Duty (Chapter 30), MGIB-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), or Reserves Education Assistance Program (Chapter 1607) must verify their enrollment each month to receive payment for that month.  Your enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month by using Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave or by calling the free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone 1-877-823-2378.

Also, to speed up receipt of your VA funds, we recommend you set up a direct deposit before your first payment.  The difference in receipt time is 3-5 days.  Call 1-877-838-2778 to set up direct deposit.