Who we are
Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) provides academic advising, career counseling, financial support, and paid internship opportunities to ethnically underrepresented, economically disadvantaged college students pursing a career in science, technology, math, or engineering.
CSTEP students agree to engage in some form of internship, field work, or research prior to graduation. Plus, those who transfer to four-year colleges serve as alumni mentors for new OCC CSTEP students.
CSTEP applicants must:
- Be a New York state resident (of at least one year)
- Be historically underrepresented - African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American OR economically disadvantaged by New York State standards (see the first page of the application for details)
- Intend to pursue a major / career in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or the Health Sciences and/or pursue a career as a licensed professional ( See list of New York State Licensed professions http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/ )
- Be a full-time OCC student (12 or more credit hours)
- Have an overall high school average of 82 or above, as verified by a high school transcript, or a college GPA of 2.7 or above.