Take your fire protection skills to the next level
Our Fire Protection Certification is offered through one of most progressive programs in the state, and can lead to career advancement in your current job.
What You'll Learn
While obtaining this certification, you’ll learn about fire prevention tactics and strategies, including hazardous materials and their control, fire hydraulics, and safety management. An English Composition requirement completes your program.
Where You'll Go
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, you may receive academic recognition and may become eligible for career advancement in municipal services, EMS, administration, prevention and operation, industrial fire safety, code enforcement, and more. Completion of this certificate program may transfer to the A.A.S. degree in Fire Protection Technology.
5 years after graduating
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
|Fire Inspector and Investigator||11%||Above Average|
Real Data from Central New York
- Local growth projections unavailable. Projection from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.