Security in the Information Age
Gain investigative skills, research cyber incidents, and protect valuable information in the digital world.
What You'll Learn
The focus will be on
Information security principles
Understanding hardware and software basics
Critical thinking for event tracing and building safety protocols
You'll also learn troubleshooting skills and complete your general education requirements along the way.
Where You'll Go
You'll have plenty of careers to choose from, including:
Cyber/Information Security Analyst
Security Systems Administrator
Forensic Computer Analyst
IT Security Consultant
Security Architect or Engineer
and so many more! This field is growing by leaps and bounds!
5 years after graduating with a Bachelor's degree
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
|Software Developers, Applications||28%||Very High|
|Computer Systems Analyst||15%||Average|
|Computer Systems Engineer/Architect||(not available)||High|
Real Data from Central New York
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.
Top Transfer Partners
- Utica College
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- SUNY Albany
This degree is designed for transfer with schools like SUNY Poly.