Upcoming Events at OCC Music:
Turn your love of music into a career
Studying music at Onondaga is a great way to start your career in a variety of musical avenues, including performance, education, music industry and music therapy.
What You'll Learn
Elective courses include Ethnic Music, Music Composition, Music Technology, Music Business, Improvisation, Diction for Singers, and Music Education.
Where You'll Go
Apply your talents in the workplace immediately, or transfer to an undergraduate program at a four-year college. Our music students are routinely accepted at some of the country's most prestigious music schools, such as the Eastman School of Music, Ithaca College, SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Fredonia and Syracuse University.
5 years after graduating with a Bachelor's degree
|Career||10-year growth potential||Regional Demand|
|Art, Drama and Music Teachers||29%||Low|
|Self-Enrichment Education Teachers||21%||Average|
Real Data from Central New York
- Data reflect previous twelve-month period in the Syracuse Metropolitan Area and surrounding five-county Central New York region.
- Salary gathered from SUNY Graduate Wages (data source: NYS Unemployment Insurance) unless otherwise indicated.
- Demand is determined by the number of job postings in the region over the past twelve months.
- Occupational growth potential gathered from Burning Glass.
Top Transfer Partners
- SUNY Potsdam, Crane School of Music
- CUNY Hunter College of Music
- SUNY Fredonia