Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Office 365?
You can access Office 365 at this URL. Log in with your student e-mail address: YourUserName@clasnet.sunyocc.edu (ex firstname.lastname@example.org ) and the password you use to log into the OCC (Onondaga Community College) network.
What do I get with Office 365?
- Active Students will receive the following:
- Access to Office 365 cloud applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and Outlook.
- Ability to download the latest Office application suite on up to 5 personal devices
- To download your free copies of Office 365, go to: http://getoffice.sunyocc.edu.
How do I receive support or help for Office 365?
Our Microsoft licenses allow the college to offer Office 365 as a free service to students and employees. The Helpdesk is available to troubleshoot log-in issues and can only provide limited support. Any issues related to the use of Office 365 and its applications should be directed to Microsoft. If you’re experiencing issues trying to install Office 365, see Troubleshoot Office installation with Office 365 for business.
Uninstalling Office and Deactivating Licenses
If you decide to discontinue the use of one of your devices, get a new one, or decide you no longer want Microsoft Office installed, you can uninstall the applications and make one of your free licenses available to use on another device.
To uninstall from a PC:
- Open the Start menu
- Click Control Panel
- Select Programs, or Programs and Features
- Select Uninstall a program
- Search for Microsoft Office 2016 and select it
- Click Uninstall
To uninstall from a Mac:
- Open Finder
- Select Applications
- Search for Microsoft Office 2016
- Drag the program icon to the Trash
After you have uninstalled Microsoft Office from a device, visit the OCC Office 365 homepage (sign in here) to deactivate the license used so it can be applied to another device.
How to Deactivate a License:
- Go to the OCC Office 365 homepage
- From the homepage, click on the gear on the top bar
- Select Office 365 settings from the drop down
- Click the Software category
- At the top of the page, the section Manage installs will appear. Locate the device you wish to deactivate, and click deactivate to the right of that device. In this section you can also see Detected Installs (the number of devices you have installed Microsoft Office 2016 on)
- Click Yes when prompted “Do you want to deactivate this install
Can I take my Office 365 account with me once I leave OCC?
Unfortunately, Microsoft does not allow your OCC Office 365 account to transfer to a personal account.